The Most Delicious Giant Compost Cookie Cake!
One of my favorite things to do is use up all the extra, loose, and random baking items I have in the house! There is no better way to do this than making a jumbo chocolate chip compost cookie!
They are SOOO delicious and they are PERFECT for the random bake sale, party, potluck, or weekend quick bake! I whipped this one up for the 4th of July potluck that normally happens when visiting my parents! Ready? Let's bake!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup ( 1 stick + 1/2 stick butter), softened
- 1/2 packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips/and random nuts, sprinkles, cookies you have in your cabinet
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F and spray an 11" tart pan with cooking spray or use the butter wrapper to grease it.
- Combine the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl. Whisk to break up clumps. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars together until fluffy and light in color, about 2 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract, beat until combined. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low until combined. With the mixer running on low speed, add the chocolate chips/compost items. The dough will be thick and soft.
- Transfer the cookie dough to the tart pan and flatten out with your fingers.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes or until puffed in the middle and lightly browned on edges.
- Let cool completely before frosting. The cookie will cook slightly more while cooling.
I finished off my cake with...GASP...store bought dark chocolate frosting and some unicorn sprinkles. Cause sometimes you gotta do things quickly and ain't nobody got time to make homemade buttercream.
I am so excited to see what you guys come up with! Compost cookies are the BEST! If you make it, give me a shout below.
Save Me For Later And PIN ME!