Yummy Valentine Sugar Cookies
It is my annual Valentine post and I've got to say I still love giving and receiving a little snail mail love! This year Adam and I are keeping things low key and will make dinner, drink wine, and go see Trainspotting 2. Yes, pure romantics. But that in of itself will be super special and it is always nice to slow things down and take some time out for each other. You may be celebrating Galentine's or Valentine's today but no matter what...KISSES from all of us at The Fuzzy Bee!!!
After a lot of searching over the past couple months I finally found the perfect cookie cutter hearts. I also had a couple attempts to find the perfect soft sugar cookie recipe! I did this all in one night as it is a small batch amount and took me about 1.5 hours to make, bake, and frost!
- 3/4 cup (170g) unsalted butter, slightly softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (makes the flavor outstanding)
- 2 and 1/4 cups (281g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine all of the wet ingredients including the butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Beat together for 1-2 minutes using a large bowl and electric beater.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture while consistently beating.
- Once done, roll up in a ball and chill for an hour. Then go watch some Netflix and come back to roll it out.
- Roll the dough on a smooth surface with some dusted flour. You can make them thin or thick to your preference.
- Then take your desired shapes and pop them out.
- Place cookies on a buttered baking tray and bake at 170 C for 9-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- This small batch made about twenty cookies.
- For the buttercream icing combine 140 grams of butter, 280 grams of icing sugar, 2 tablespoons of milk, and a dash of vanilla.
- Combine together. For added colors add in some food coloring to the buttercream and get your sass on with some sprinkles!