True confession: Adam and I are pretzel eating crazy people. I wanted to make us a little Netflix watching snackum that didn't involve ice cream for once. So I decided to take some of our favorite things (sprinkles and pretzels) and smash them together into the ultimate munchie snack!
We have different tastes when it comes to chocolate. Sorry folks, I am a white chocolate kinda gal. This wasn't a problem as I easily was able to whip up two types! Pair these bad boys with a candle and some coffee (or wine!) and you are good to go!
- 2 bars of baking white chocolate
- 2 bars of baking dark chocolate
- Bag of pretzels
- Different types of sprinkles
- Butter (if needed)
- Milk (if needed)
- Melt the two white chocolate bars in a glass bowl over some boiling water in a pan. Basically, the bowl should sit on top of the boiling pot and slowly heat it up! Keep stirring the chocolate until it's nice and smooth.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and place on the counter.
- Taking each pretzel at a time dip each one in the white chocolate. Stop every ten pretzels and dust pretzels with desired sprinkles. This ensures the sprinkles adhere to the dipped chocolate.
- Continue until about half the pretzel bag is used or about 30-40 pretzels.
- Once done place the glass bowl back on the water and put the heat back up. Simply place the two dark chocolate bars into the bowl. (We did the this without cleaning the bowl between takes as not much white chocolate was left so we just mixed it in!)
- If dark chocolate needs some help in melting, add a little bit of butter and milk to make it melt smoothly and mix in.
- Repeat steps 1-4 with the remaining pretzels!
- Take the sheet pan and place inside the freezer or outside to freeze. This allows the chocolate to set quickly.
- Once the chocolate has set, keep in the refrigerator to store at a cold temperature to keep the chocolate from warming too much.
- AND ENJOY!